GMS has been in the business of protecting Canadians with health insurance for 70 plus years. Over that time, GMS has evolved their health insurance coverage to meet your changing needs. That’s why GMS is proud to offer LifeWorks as part of all Personal and Replacement Health Coverage Plans.
What is LifeWorks?
LifeWorks is an award-winning total wellness program. People love to use its assistance and wellness components geared to help you improve your mental, physical, financial, and social wellbeing. Each component includes a wealth of resources and tools so you can be your best and most productive self.
LifeWorks is there whenever you need it. Through the app, by phone, or on your desktop. Because you are unique, with your own needs, challenges, preferences and progress, Lifeworks treats you that way.
You can contact LifeWorks to help find support and resources to answer questions related to work, life, health, family, or money – really any issue, challenge, or concern. Advisors and immediate support counsellors are available by phone 24/7, and there are engaging digital tools to help you be proactive and work on your mental health and wellbeing every day.
Is LifeWorks support safe and professional?
LifeWorks is confidential, taking the utmost care to protect the identity of anyone who uses the platform.
Need counselling? LifeWorks offers short-term, solution-focused support to help you on an individual basis to address your specific situation. You can get counselling for each challenge or issue that you are experiencing. If you need ongoing help, your counsellor will discuss if a referral to a community resource outside the program will help you, and work with you to access that support.
LifeWorks counsellors are carefully screened to verify their credentials and level of experience. Many of the counsellors have PhDs and MDs, and all are required to have a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Educational Counselling, or another related human services field. They are experts.
Get LifeWorks as part of all GMS Personal and Replacement Health Plans
GMS health plans offer great coverage that you can apply to enrol in on any date, not just the 1st of the month like most insurance providers. Do you want coverage to start on the 16th of the month, or maybe the 4th? That can happen!
GMS health insurance plans offer the convenience of a pay-direct card so you can skip submitting claims documents every time you use the plan. Just present your card at participating pharmacies, dentists, massage therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, and more — and they’ll bill GMS directly for covered costs. No need to pay out of pocket!
No matter what stage of life you’re in, a Personal Health Plan from GMS gives you coverage for everyday health needs and medical emergencies not covered by provincial health plans. Just need the basics? Want to top up your work benefits plan? Looking for a comprehensive package? You’re able to build a plan that’s right for you and your family.
- BasicPlan is ideal coverage for unexpected emergencies and health needs. Benefits include ambulance services, preferred hospital rooms, accidental dental, and medical equipment like a wheelchair. You can expand your benefits by adding prescription drug coverage and dental benefits, or travel coverage too.
- ExtendaPlan covers a wide range of benefits for everyday and emergency needs. Benefits include services of chiropractor and physiotherapist, clinical psychologist and speech therapist, prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses, casts, and crutches. You can add prescription drug and dental benefits and travel for even more protection against out of pocket healthcare costs.
- OmniPlan is your superior health insurance choice with extensive benefit coverage. This plan provides full-circle care for you and your family. Benefits cover your current and future health needs including services such as physiotherapy, acupuncture, naturopath appointments, eyeglasses and contact lenses, and accidental dental. With GMS’ highest limits for eyewear and eye exams as well as coverage for specialty health practitioners, this plan allows you to take good care of your family. Don’t forget to add prescription drug or dental benefits to complete your coverage.
With every GMS Personal Health Plan you get coverage for:
- Health practitioners like massage therapists, acupuncturists, naturopaths, clinical psychologists and more
- Eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Casts and crutches
- Health supplies and equipment, like diabetic supplies
- Air and ground ambulance
- Preferred hospital rooms
- Plus much more, including LifeWorks!
If you no longer have health coverage through your employer, GMS Replacement Health plans help you maintain your lifestyle without interruption. Like Personal Health plans, they are bundled to include coverage for prescription drugs, glasses, and contacts, dental, travel and more.
With a GMS Replacement Health plan, acceptance is guaranteed and there are no medical questions as long as your plan begins within 90 days of losing your group coverage.
And LifeWorks Goes To Work With GMS Group Advantage Plans
If you run a business with 3 to 10 employees, the GMS Group Advantage Plan allows you to mix and match and deliver a group benefits plan that requires no medical questions and provides quick coverage. This off-the-shelf plan design makes the application process simple so you can get back to business with no major interruptions. You also get an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that provides wellness benefits to your employees at no extra cost. Employees can use EFAP to access support networks, life coaching and professional counselling services. And LifeWorks is included too!
Make a GMS health plans part of your overall wellness plan
GMS can help you with LifeWorks. And most importantly, GMS health plans can cover healthcare costs government health plans don’t. They are great for self-employed individuals, families, business owners and retirees.
At SBIS, we can help you choose the GMS plan that best suits your needs and budget. Call us at 1-800-667-0429 or 416-601-0429. Our business hours are Monday to Friday 8:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. eastern time.