Even in the face of inflation, recession and supply chain disruption, QuickBooks Canada’s survey The New Generation of Entrepreneurship in Canada 2022 found that 1 in 4 Canadian small business owners started a business in the past two years. Over half have multiple enterprises going – not just one – as a way to boost their income.
Starting a business takes phenomenal effort – and personal sacrifice as you work towards financial stability. Too often that sacrifice means not sleeping right, eating right, or taking time for exercise. It can be stressful, impacting your mental health.
To keep your business(es) growing, you need to take care of yourself. What if you have an accident or become ill? Are you prepared for the out-of-pocket healthcare expenses you will face?
Having health insurance is the best way to make sure you can take care of your health needs, protect your personal finances, and ensure you can get back to work to keep your hustles healthy.
Health insurance is committed to helping you take better care of yourself
You are committed to take care of your business, and health insurance helps you commit to taking better care of yourself so you can do more to make certain your business can thrive.
You can use your health benefits to translate your health and wellness consciousness into action easily and conveniently, reducing the time and effort it takes to take care of yourself. Here’s how
Connect to virtual care professionals
Don’t have time to see a healthcare professional for a minor concern? You can speed up getting the care you (and your family need) by connecting to professionals for video consultations – eliminating appointment and waiting room delays and travel. Virtual care also makes it easy and convenient to use a wider range of healthcare services, like talking to a dietician or therapist.
There are a wide range of health insurance plans with free virtual and remote care features like:
- Manulife’s TELUS Health virtual care service, available 24-7-365 for prescriptions, mental health support, diagnosis, referrals, and more.
- GMS LifeWorks 24/7 around-the-clock access to video, chat, or phone consultations with expert advisors for coping strategies, referrals to counselling, and connections to community agencies
- Green Shield has Maple for Virtual Doctors, Inkblot that delivers personalized mental health support for things like anxiety and depression, including live sessions with a qualified therapist matched as the best fit for you, as well as personalized virtual support for substance use management The MindBeacon Therapist Guided Program for personalized cognitive behavioural therapy, anytime, anywhere
Use health tracking support programs
Taking control of your health and wellness by using health apps and portals like
- Manulife’s Vitality program available with FlexCare or FollowMe health plans can help you make little changes today that will have a real effect on your health tomorrow. And not only will it help improve your lifestyle, but you’ll also earn rewards for the healthy choices you make along the way. So, the healthier you become, the more money you can save.
- GSC’s Change4Life program available with SBIS’ exclusive PRISM health plans can help you spark the change you need and provide you with tools and rewards along your journey.
Health Insurance helps you do more and pay for healthcare costs
Taking the time to take control of your health may require you to seek out treatment, take medication or simply get to the long-postponed dentist visit. Health and dental insurance for you (and your family) helps you pay for the cost of that healthcare, with coverage for services and treatments not covered by your government health plan like:
- Prescription drugs
- Dental care for Basic, Comprehensive Basic and/or Major Services
- Vision care
- Hearing aids
- Massage Therapy
- Travel Emergency Medical
- Optional hospital accommodation for semi-private and/or private rooms
- and much more
Employees need health insurance too
If your business also depends on your employees, providing access to health insurance supports them to stay on track with their physical and mental health so your business can stay on track with its goals.
If you or your employees have never had to purchase health coverage before, the terminology, many different options, and the process may seem like another confusing obstacle. That’s why having opportunity to talk it over with an expert is valuable.
At SBIS we are experts in small business health insurance, and we have no shortage of options to fit your budget and needs, with over 40 different health and dental plans to choose from.
We can help you and your people figure out what plan to choose, what coverage meets your needs, and your budget and then assist you in signing up for the best plan. Even if you don’t have enough employees for a small group plan, we can help find individual health and dental benefits for you and your employees needs.
Ready to take on health insurance?
Take better control of your health and your new business by ensuring you have health insurance you can rely on to help. SBIS offers a broad range of products from GSC, Manulife and GMS to provide you with an affordable insurance plan to save on healthcare costs and deliver the support tools you need.
We help you choose the perfect health insurance plan, and we make applying for coverage easy so you can get access to the financial protection and health services you need today.